Monday, October 12, 2009

IT'S ALMOST TIME!

I can't believe it! There is so much going on in my head right now! It feels like just yesterday I moved back to my home of Tallahassee after graduating from the University of Florida.  When I found out I got into the AmeriCorps NCCC program I had about 5 months before leaving... what I thought was PLENTY of time to get ready: mentally and literally.  Well, it definitely went by a lot faster than I could ever imagine.  It's true that everyone around me told me time would fly by, but of course I wanted to enjoy every second with my loves and try to make time go slow... if that's even possible.  The effort paid off (time didn't go any slower but I enjoyed it all so much). I had the most amazing summer with the greatest people I have ever met: from people I have known my whole life, to people I just met... you have all impacted my life in some way <3. You all are making this big change so much easier because I know you are rooting for me.  I have learned so much about myself & others during this time at home and beginning to take that step out of my box.  Thanks to you all for teaching me. It was an honor to learn from you. 

I leave from Tallahassee at 5:30am, on Wednesday, October 14th, and head to Atlanta where I will have about a 2 hour layover.  Then I will head to Denver where I will hopefully meet up with other AmeriCorps members and start the getting-to-know process. From Denver, it's on to Sacramento!  I can't wait to meet everyone and feel apart of something so important and so big.  It's time for me to practice what I preach about peace & love & helping.  I know helping is what I am meant to do with my life, I just need a more specific goal.  I will experience so much that will help me make a decision later on, but for now I want to help, learn, meet, and grow.

Everyone should know I will miss you so so much but that I will not be dropping off the face of the earth.  Expect postcards, blog updates, emails, facebook things, photos, etc. etc. etc.! 

It's not goodbye, just ta ta for now!

peace&love :o)
mags

1 comment:

  1. Yahoo! Here we go! We love you baby girl and can't wait to read the next installment!! Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete