Sunday, November 15, 2009

OFF TO VASHON!

I can't believe training is over and that it has been a month already.  I have met so many amazing people, a few I know I will have in my life forever, made so many wonderful moments and mental pictures that will never fade, had some rough times, and I wouldn't change a thing.  Induction was on Friday so now we are all official Corps members! 

I leave Monday, Novemeber, 16th, at 7am for Vashon Island, Washington with my Blue 1 team... also known as Bluno! We packed today for our 2 day trip in the van and an 8 week project stint. I am so excited to see so much more and finally do what I came here to do!  I am going to learn so much about myself and what I'm capable of and all I am right now is optimistic.  That's all I can do right now in order to ensure a wonderful outcome. 

It's hard to leave some people here on campus.  I have grown to have a connection with a couple that I never thought I would gain within just a month.  Someone in particular has made such an impact on me that I can honestly say I will never be the same person.  I can even see this change in me and knowing I can be the person I want to be in a setting such as this, without a care, lets me know I can already do more than I thought I could.  Some people leave footprints on our lives that the weather can't erase.

I will post my address on Vashon Island and I will be sending snail mail from there as well! I love you all, miss you, and you better believe I will stay in touch <3

1 comment:

  1. I love you and I wish I could see this beautiful change for my own eyes...wish I could hug you girl...man I miss you, but I'm so full of joy that you get to experience all this :)

    ReplyDelete